11.26.2007

You Might Say I'm A Visual Kind of Girl

Someone asked last week on the TalkCast how I come up with my ideas/characters...and honestly, most days I feel like I have an entire library in my head just waiting to be written down ... I've been telling stories and entertaining myself daydreaming for decades and so really ... I don't have to go far ...

But some days, real-life is just ... so awesome ... you know, those funny moments that you will never forget, like the day Forgotten Girl bounced into the cafe with her post-op elastic bandeau covered by only a velour zip front hoodie, and she unzipped and pushed her new boobs together in front of the lunch rush, announcing, "And I got these GREAT BOOBS!" ... great moment ... if it hadn't already been used (similarly) in 13 Going on 30 ... I would so use that...

Then there are people I see, because if anything, I am a people watcher ... my best example was a barrista I saw last summer who had great tats (minor tat fetish) but the most intriguing aspect of her art was that the tats framed her forearms which were deeply scarred by past cutting ... no, I didn't ask her story, none of my business, but I did create a story around the life-trauma that would lead to a beautiful girl becoming tatted and scarred ... wearing her pain as it was ... and that is the focus of the WIP I cannot get out of my head ... "Vow of Secrets"

I'll try to come up with a decent excerpt by Friday ... but for now ... I'll share what triggered some visual moments for me ... and some really awesome chapters ...

I did say minor tat fetish...

...


You are Going to Love Morgana ... I share a first look at her in Sacred Secrets...but watch out because her full length debut is coming soon!


**Edited note...Both photos were found at preview section of Blueblood ... for more images you can pay to be a member

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Oh! I'm so excited! Morgana has her own book? I was hoping she would have a bigger part in Sacred Revelations, but now that I know she has her own book coming...I can wait!

I am so excited!
Love the series!

Jayne