11.09.2007

Waking Up To A New Review!


Last night I wrote...and wrote...2a.m. came,writing, 4a.m. came, writing, and then I get a text from Forgotten Girl at 6a.m. and realize I have exactly one hour of sleep time before I have to drive teenage daughter to school, holy crap!

I can honestly say the car drove on autopilot, because daughter is at school, and I woke up two hours later when Sir Hotness arrived home from work and kissed me good morning on the forehead. I remember fleeting glimpses of the drive to school...

Whew! I'm not entirely sure that's safe, but all is well...

Actually, all is great! Chapter Three of A Submissive's Journey is done and I wrote a really hot scene for A Vow of Silence (George Fitzpatrick aka Dr. Psycho's story from the Chronicles of Surrender...mmm...slated to be book 4)... and I started a new shrt story that I am forcing to stay really far back on the back burner until further notice, but it is simmering in my head very nicely...

Yes, a very productive night...

Rewarded by a new review hot off the press in my email box! Yay! I LOVE REVIEWS...especially Good Reviews!

This is what Chris Gerrib of TCM Reviews had to say about Sacred Secrets:
Sacred Secrets: A Chronicle of Surrender, is a love story. Kinky love, involving whips, chains and a memorable scene with hot peppers, but love nonetheless. Oh and there’s also a murder mystery tacked on for good measure. It’s a spanking good read. (Sorry, couldn’t resist.)

In the story, Celia Brentwood, a reporter for San Francisco-based newspaper Inappropriate Voices, agrees to be auctioned off as a slave at Lewd Larry’s, the Bay Area’s hottest and most exclusive BDSM club in town. It’s a 30-day deal, and she plans to write a first-person expose of the whole situation when she gets out. Much to her surprise, Garrett Lawrence, the owner and manager, buys her (paying a quarter of a million dollars!) and takes her home.

This is where things get interesting, as you see, Garrett is gay. Except, well, Celia, or Kitten as he christens her, is making him very hot and bothered. That and the guy who killed Tony, the love of his life, is sending threatening letters, including one with Kitten’s picture on it.

To say their love affair follows an unconventional path from that point on is probably an understatement. But it’s definitely an interesting path. Roxy Harte, the author, keeps the action simmering along nicely. Her characters are quite believable, and the level of writing is very high. This is more then a collection of sex scenes strung together, it’s a novel with high production values. If you are interested in spicy romance, give Sacred Secrets a shot.

I agree with Chris...I'm thinking if you haven't read Sared Secrets, you should definitely give it a shot! BUY IT HERE!

No comments: