10.05.2007

Not For The Faint of Heart

BD Dark aka Bonnie Dee commented today on one of my reviews, saying that she loved it when reviewers use disclaimers such as, "not for the faint of heart."

Can someone please explain to me why anyone FAINT OF HEART would actually buy a novel knowing that it had a BDSM theme? And exactly who could be classified as "F.O.H."? Maybe little old ladies born pre-1950 ... or really sheltered women ... I'm thinking Mennonites... but certainly not any woman raised during the last two generations ... taking into account just what receives an "R" rating these days ... and most people's exposure to MTV. I mean, really ... even my teenager's boyfriend, who admits he would love to read my writing sometime ... just not the kinky sex stuff ... could not be considered faint of heart.

BD Dark also made the point that giving a BDSM Erotica novel such a disclaimer is actually giving the novel credence ... yes, I'll agree, Sacred Revelations stands up to its BDSM-theme quite nicely ... no beating around the bush ... or ah---hmmmm....actually there is some beating around the bush ... pun completely intentended.

In other news...
Thank Goddess it's FRIDAY!!

This evening's wine of choice is a Traminer Reisling from Rosemount Estate ... I have two bottles set aside for moi ... everyone else is on their own!

No comments: