8.15.2007

I Sat Outside This Morning And Enjoyed The Sunrise


I find it rather remarkable that 30 years ago, when I was relatively young, the evening newscasters would go nuts if it hit 100F degrees during our Ohio summers...

This year we hit our first hundred degree mark in May (or was it April?) regardless that I don't have the exact date...it was early...pre-summer; then, summer hit with a hard-on and we haven't had much relief. Days of near hundred and hundred degrees one after another until I stopped noticing that it was so damn hot that I wasn't doing the things I normally do.

Then I started watching my granddaughters...Last Monday, I tried taking them to the arboretum to see turtles...Tuesday, we tried hiking in the woods...Wednesday, we went to a farm to feed baby goats...and each morning we were forced back indoors by noon because of the heat. That's when I realized that I haven't been doing the things I normally do...like going out first thing in the morning to enjoy the sunrise with a cup of hot tea...it just isn't as enjoyable when the humidity is 90+ and the temperature is right there too...

I realized then that the newscasters have been fairly subdued...like the heat wave isn't really a big deal...

Then I started wondering just who is controlling every thought and word that comes out of today's media sources...but that started to seem a little too "Hitler-era" even for me...

So, maybe it's a hoax...and the warmer summer is just a wicked coincidence because our leaders are convinced that over 100,000 scientists are lying. That's it...Global Warming is the fictitious undertaking of highly-educated people bent on striking fear into the average citizen...because...?? Oh, fill in the blank...

But whatever you do, keep your head in the sand, because damn...it's too hot to worry about who is lying to who...

Except this morning, it wasn't too hot, and I did enjoy my back porch, and my brain started working again...and I decided...I'm really tired of being lied to by the current government offices...ABOUT EVERYTHING...

Hell, if George W was a democrat...he'd have been impeached by now whether it was too hot to discuss it or not.

I'm going to go back outside now, with my second cuppa tea...and maybe I'll just enjoy watching the butterflies dance and the grasshoppers hop about in our knee high naturalized backyard...because I stopped Sir Hotness from mowing (yeah, I'm still doing my part to save the planet) cause I don't want my backyard to look like the photo below... READ ARTICLE

No comments: