4.08.2007

It Must Be A Forty-Thing

So what is it about us ladies? I turned forty and got my nose pierced, not because of a mid-life crisis, but because I realized at forty...I didn't need anyone's permission. I define who I am...so why did it take me to reach the Big-40 to get confident?

In the news is forty year old Halle Berry...found interesting:
Berry said she feels more self-assured and confident with her sexuality now than when she was younger. "As I've gotten older, I've become more comfortable with who I really am -- all parts of me -- knowing that my physical self doesn't diminish me in any way, or my talent," she said. . .I'm really happy. I'm in a really good space in my life, and I can honestly say it's not because of any one thing," she said. "It's not because I have a really cute boyfriend. It's not because of my career. It's because I feel good about me." **good enough to date a man ten years her junior...You Go, Girl!

Yeah...she pretty much summed it up.
I wish I could bottle that and give it away for free to every woman out there relying on a man, a career, or how she looks in the mirror today...to feel good about herself.

Me? Yeah, I noticed the grey in my hair is really showing at my roots. . .I even bought hair color to touch up for the Easter pictures I knew would be happening today. Then, I ran out of time and I had my photo taken. . .alot. . .and I do not look twenty-nine anymore, but what I saw in the photos was a strong, confident woman, and I can't say that I ever had a picture taken that I could say that about. It's a nice feeling.

Another woman in the news is 33 year old Alanis Morissette. Not quite forty, she has enough confidence to keep us all going...as is evidenced in this Fergie spoof:


If I wasn't already smiling today...this would have done it for me:)
So tell me if you had a moment when you realized your confidence...

No comments: