4.06.2007

I Have Rejoined The Civilized World!

Yes, after much pleading, poking, and candle lighting, we have INTERNET!!!!!!!!
I feel whole again! I have missed blogging and visiting with my friends so much!!
Life is good again;)
If you haven't heard, Xandra too, has rejoined the civilized world and is connected! Three cheers for Time Warner Cable!
Hip, Hip Hoozah!
Hip, Hip, Hoozah!
Hip, Hip, HOOOOOOOOO-ZAHHHHHHHH!!
I'm so excited, I may have to blog twice a day just to catch up!!

So, here's news from the middle of nowhere...

It snowed all day...not enough to stick to the ground but enough to send all my beautiful perineals into shock...including my roses.

Last night, despite temperatures that dipped below thirty farenheit, my back yard, alas, we like to call it The Prairie, some teenagers decided it was to be their Party Place...I know this because they whooped it up until about 2:30 a.m. (good thing I was otherwise distracted writing, because had I been sleeping, I'd would have had to trudged through the waist high grassland to find them). It was very entertaining to watch them post-party...four of them were giving each other the "walk a straight line" sobriety test in my front yard, the boys both fighting for the keys held in one of the girls grip...thank god she didn't let go, because if either one of the two boys attempted getting behind the wheel I'd have had to pulled on my big girl panties and dealt with them but as it was the girl won (she did a nice Kung Fu Crane pose with a flying front snap kick to win the title of driver...I was impressed) The boys were not impressed and refused to get in the car. I cheered when she drove off without them; however, that wasn't the end of it. No, it couldn't be that easy. Boy 1 decided he was going to moon the girls and so stood in the middle of the road with his pants around his knees, postier doing some kind of white boy can't dance booty bounce...he then promptly fell on his face and laid unmoving in the middle of the road until his little more sober comrad dragged his ass off the asphalt and...yes, you guessed it, back into my front yard.

Life in the country is anything but boring I'm finding out.

Last week, and I'll share this now, because I have tons to catch up on...I heard a weird, very loud, yapping, barking, howling noise...it woke me up...it was two a.m.
So I stumble out of bed to look out the bedroom window at The Prairie and saw six dark shapes cross the field, obviously a pack of something...a very loud something...their yapping, barking, howling went on long enough for me to call Sir Hotness at work to find out what matter of crazed banshee had infiltrated our quiet, country life...
After listening a moment, he identified them. "Coyotes."
I thought he was joking.
"Aren't Coyotes out west? Like in the desert?"
He informed me that, "Coyotes are everywhere."
Of course I had to call Xandra the next morning and she confirmed that, "Yep, we've got 'em too."


(This is a coyote, in case you live in the city like I used to)
CLICK TO LEARN MORE ABOUT COYOTES:)

I don't know if I can take much more quiet, country living...but I do have internet now, so I at least feel like I'm part of the civilized world again...

2 comments:

Athena Grayson said...

Hahaha--welcome to The Boonies (TM). And welcome back from the limbo that is Without Teh_Intertubes!

I think we're still too far out to attract wandering bands of drunken teenagers. I admire your restraint in not posting digital pics of the poor dingbrain mooning the street. :D

Roxy Harte said...

Trust me, it wasn't self restraint, I'd left the digital camera in randy's car by accident, and he was at work....if not, his bare butt would have sooooooo shown up on my blog!! Although that darn coyote's furry tail is much cuter;)