12.29.2006

What About Those Lost Dreams?


Wow! Another Holiday Season whizzes by!
Already, the countdown has begun for the dawning of 2007.

New for me, I'm optimistic. I think it's going to be a very good year...and...I'm actually looking forward to 2007.

So, I made the loop of fav but random blog visits the last few days and was surprised to see Resolutions are already the big topic and that made me start to wonder why the majority of us only strive to become our best once a year when we're making our lists. (Actually, I only recall making one such list in twenty years and it included becoming vegan, dropping twenty pounds, and joining the Peace Corp. I did accomplish two of the three that year...yippee for me...although I've since regained all twenty pounds and lasted as a vegan only a decade.)

So, I guess I'm not much of a Resolution Maker, preferring to reevaluate and adjust my life as need warrants, not as a day on the calandar expectation. Although, one of my author friend's Resolution included wearing lacy underthings, wild uninhibited sex, and increased wine consumption as a new daily goal. Sounds good to me, but I'd have to talk the New Hotness into moving closer for the daily, wild, uninhibited sex part to work (unless phone sex counts...if not, I'll just double the wine consumption to makeup for its lack.)

More wine is good.
I actually ran across an author site that rated the difficulty of their novels (as in the writing of them not the reading of them) on a scale of how many bottles of wine each took to write...I like that idea and would endeavor to join them but when I counted up all the bottles of beer, wine, and fifths it took to get through Sacred Secrets I became concerned for myself. Sacred Revelations (which is DONE BTW!!!!Yeah!!!) was a breeze by comparison and didn't make me feel at all the lush Sacred Secrets did, though I'm still not up to revealing a bottle count.

Random Ramblings aside, and back to the original topic...
Why do we make resolutions we have no intention of keeping? Why not instead remember one lost dream and endeavor to make it so.
Remember all those dreams we once had as a child...sure some have changed, some never had a chance, but there are some that had potential...we just somehow forgot that they were important goals along the way.

I used to have so many dreams that my mom would have to smack me for staring into space too long. She was afraid the neighbors would think I needed medicated (or hospitalized for being catatonic) and she was certain that would reflect badly on her...miss you, Mom.

Anyway, this blog is too encourage the remembering of the Lost Dreams. Go ahead, list them...and then pick one...whether its one a week, one a month, or only one this year...just make it so.

And if you want, you can comment, tell me some of your Lost Dreams. I'd love to hear about them...and for now, I will leave you with a few of mine:

1. Hike the Appalachian Trail
2. Visit Tibet/Nepal
3. Use my vacation time to not only See the World, but help others

No comments: