11.11.2006

Shut Up and Sing

First, let me say...I love being an American...but sometimes...I'm really ashamed to be an American.

Second, I have to say...I am so-o-o-o NOT a country music fan.

That said, when the Dixie Chicks released their first CD post republican led conspiracy-to-destroy-them moment...I bought it same day. When this movie hits the theaters...I'll be there the day it opens. Why? Because I stand for the freedom of speech in all its forms. I might not like what you have to say, I may not agree with what you say, but I will stand up for you to have the right to say whatever the fuck you want, no matter whose feelings you might hurt or whose toes you might step on.

I despise censorship in all its forms especially when it is government generated. Pay attention to what's happening and if you don't understand that there is something happening...grab a few history books and read up on what can happen when a government becomes too powerful..to the point of silencing its citizens.

And finally, thank you Beautiful Girl for sharing this trailer with me.

1 comment:

Amie Stuart said...

I can't wait to see this! I was a DC fan before it happened and after, even if I winced. And I won't even say anything politcal LOL